Share This Page:
Child Victims of Human Trafficking: Module 1
Federal and State Laws and Victimology/Trauma-Informed Care
E-LEARN Catalog ID #2185
This course is a prerequisite for Child Victims of Human Trafficking: Module 2 Screening, Assessment, and Resources. Module 1 is a revised version of Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC). The goal of this module is to prepare child welfare professionals to recognize, report, and respond to incidence of human trafficking involving children using evidence-based and trauma-informed approaches.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the federal and state laws related to protecting children and youth who are victims of or at risk of becoming a victim of human trafficking.
- Recognize the traumatic impact human trafficking has on child victims.
- Review strategies for approaching and assisting victims of human trafficking.
How to access online trainings:
- 1. Click on the link to view the course:
- 2. Click on the "Enroll" button on the right side of the screen.
- 3. Login in to E-Learn. (Obtain your user name and password by accessing www.bridge.pitt.edu)
- 4. Click on the "Start" button to launch the course.
- 5. In order to receive a certificate of completion, you will need to complete the course, as well as complete the evaluation. Once the evaluation is completed, you will see a certificate of completion that you will be able to print out for your records.
**Contact the Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or issues.