Share This Page:
OUR APPROACH AND FOCUS
The Resource Center provides a continuum of services designed to facilitate and sustain positive change in the child welfare system. Our services include: training, transfer of learning, technical assistance, research and evaluation, project
management, and organizational development.
Our primary strategies include:
- Conducting research and evaluation;
- Providing consultation and support;
- Developing and revising tools, materials, and curricula;
- Training child welfare professionals;
- Integrating youth and family engagement;
- Advocating for policy and practice improvements;
- Developing and implementing a quality improvement process;
- Organizing and sponsoring events; and
- Providing resource coordination.
The Resource Center is comprised of the following departments:
- Curriculum and Trainer Development
- Fiscal and Human Resources
- Organizational Effectiveness/Regional Teams
- Statewide Quality Improvement
- Technology Development
The Pennsylvania Child Welfare Resource Center is a national leader in advocating for an enhanced quality of life for Pennsylvania's children, youth, and families.
In partnership with families, communities, public and private agencies, we prepare and support exceptional Child Welfare Professionals and systems through education, research and a commitment to best practice.
Every child, youth, and family experiences a life rich with positive opportunities, nurturing relationships, and supportive communities.
The Pennsylvania Child Welfare Resource Center is a collaborative effort of the University of Pittsburgh, School of Social Work, the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, and the Pennsylvania Children and Youth Administrators. It was established to train direct service workers, supervisors, administrators, and foster parents in providing social services to abused and neglected children and their families. The Resource Center is centrally managed and regionally administered by the University of Pittsburgh, School of Social Work.
The Pennsylvania Child Welfare Resource Center is made possible through grant funds from the Department of Human Services to the University of Pittsburgh.